The panel draws together a range of speakers who have been involved in research and community heritage projects exploring the history of Home, Food and Family in WWI.
Their varied experience includes research into wartime domesticity; soldiers’ wives; childhood experience; jam production and the Coventry family of Croome Park; and heritage engagement work with schools and community groups.
The speakers are:
- Professor Maggie Andrews -University of Worcester and Voices of War and Peace Community Engagement Centre lead on Gender and the Home Front
- Susanne Atkin – independent researcher participating in WW1 in the Vale (HLF-funded project)
- Julia Letts – Oral Historian and project co-ordinator for The Great Blackberry Pick (HLF-funded project)
- Dr Janis Lomas – Independent Researcher
- Chaired by Jenni Waugh – Community History consultant and project co-ordinator for WW1 in the Vale (HLF-funded project)